Hi Saki, internals,

Il 17/04/2024 16:30, Saki Takamachi ha scritto:
Hi Matteo,

Thanks for the feedback. I will reference this issue as duplicate too in the
RFC.

Thanks for the reference to the issue.

I'm certain if we dig deep enough we'll find a few more.

Agree. Maybe we can find something other than PostgreSQL.

I have read through your RFC. If we change the default scanner from the
current, is there a possibility that an unintended BC Break will occur? I don't
think there is a problem with MySQL, but I'm a little worried about other
drivers.

I have updated the RFC quite extensively. I've added the results of the research I've done for all the supported PDO database types and ended up slightly modifying the proposal in a way I thought made more sense according to the results.

I also have a draft implementation ready: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/14035

Tests are green. DBAL tests are green for sqlite, mysql and pgsql, which is what I could test locally.

And as an exercise, an attempt to support PgSQL escape literals, e.g.

e'backslashes \'accepted\' here'

https://github.com/mbeccati/php-src/pull/1/commits/79b59d958c43042e54348dfbae0b0c2509563aa7

which I declared as out of scope but could in fact be supported without too much effort.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/