Hi,

Il 03/05/2024 11:14, Matteo Beccati ha scritto:
Hi internals!

I've updated once again the RFC and implemented most of the 3 major dialects (mysql, pgsql, sqlite) in the drivers.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pdo_driver_specific_parsers

https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/14035

I've tried to keep syntax changes we might not want as separate commits in the PR.

For example:
 - the pdo_pgsql driver now also understands C-style escape strings and dollar quoted strings.
  - pdo_sqlite supports Access-style [identifiers].
 - pdo_mysql will consider "--" a comment only when followed by whitespace.

The latter has been a particular challenge for me and I've been able to overcome it by using the re2c:eof feature, which I then discovered being available only in a later version compared to our requirements (1.2.1, released Aug 2019). As is, the Windows build fails on GH because the sdk ships with 1.1.1.

Perhaps someone with better re2c knowledge can get it working with re2c 1.0.3+, or perhaps it's not really worth it.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

I didn't see this sparking up discussion, so it either went unnoticed, or everybody is fine with it (even the re2c version bump) ;-)

In any case I'm planning to start the vote in about 2 weeks from now. Next week I'll be organising phpday in Verona, so feel free to approach me if you are around and have any questions.

I might even try go get out of my comfort zone and do a lightning talk on the topic. That would be a first in 20+ years of conference organisation... we'll see!

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/