This is exactly why I started this thread. I'm afraid the setting causes more trouble than what it tries to solve..

--Jani

Cristian Rodriguez kirjoitti:
On 7/6/07, Johannes Schlüter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
which will just produce way more
problems to hosters and developers of software for "PHP 6".

yes :-( .. So if unicode.semantics cannot be set at runtime with
ini_set() or at least "per-dir" is a  complete non-sense to have it,
as the vast mayority of users will not be able to turn it On/off and
will certainly be off in most configurations as otherwise it will
break too much code.

Im sorry but I dont see this ending as a good thing.. looks pretty
much like more of the same old mistakes ( magic_quotes , safe_mode
anyone ? this may be even worse..)