Stanislav Malyshev schrieb:
But why not allow importing namespaced functions and constants into the global namespace?

Because there's really no need to. Nothing wrong with namespace::function().

so i can not use a lib that switched to namespaces in my old code that does not support namespace?

with other words:

i have to rewrite my whole code to use the new version of a lib that has switched to namespace?

thats makes transition really easy ... so why should any lib switch to namespace if this implies all apps using this libarary needs to rewrite their code?

--
Sebastian