Andi Gutmans wrote:
Before we continue this discussion I think there are a couple of things
which would be useful data points:
a) What is the performance difference between an implicit Unicode app
and non-Unicode. If we have 3-4 apps ported over to Unicode_semantics=on

Honestly I do not see anyone on this list having the time to do this. Maybe it needs to be turned into a coding contest of sorts, but the bottom line is that its not a task that anyone but a bored student could do. Maybe there are a few on this list, but I doubt it.

So we might need some marketing bla bla. With a bit of blogging, a few googies thrown in and a website: "Help determine the future of PHP6 - port a popular PHP application to PHP6"

regards,
Lukas