Daniel Brown wrote:
>     Without sounding too naive on this, I hope, isn't it also possible
> that IBM's internal policies require them to have CLAs in place for
> tax and documentation purposes?  Or perhaps to cover their own
> engineers from liability by claiming them as open source developers,
> protected under the agreement accepted, ultimately, by the end user.

Like I said, I understand why they need a CLA, and they can develop
stuff under whatever terms they want.  It is only the final license of
what they produce that should matter to most people.  The sticky point
is if this CLA requirement starts bleeding out of fringe things very
specific to a certain product and starts infecting general PHP
components like all of PDO instead of just a specific PDO driver.

-Rasmus