On Nov 29, 2007 5:59 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > To add to this, I think that if IBM (and others) are so keen on having
> > PHP support their nice databases, they should also realize that it is
> > them that should be nice to *us* and not the other way around. We (as in
>
> What I really don't understand is why so many people are so quick to
> jump into "us vs. them" attitude. Is there a war or what? Isn't there
> enough conflict so that one must look so hard to create a new one?
> Or maybe it is worth considering that having good database support is
> good for *both* PHP and IBM?

To see a commit restricting access to something that looks like the
future of the most important part of php is everything you want but
acceptable. Not without previous discussion or at least one post of
internals. I don't think it is that hard to understand, isn't it?

Having a clear and transparent contribution process is much more
important to my eyes than good support for <some company>'s products.
If one likes to contribute to a project, he has to adapt himself to
the project, not the other way 'round. That's the main problem here
and it is not the first time that such thing happens. It is what many
of us don't understand.

Regards,
--Pierre