On Nov 30, 2007 10:37 AM, Jay Pipes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> With PHP, the situation is different. The foundation of PHP was laid by
> Rasmus Lerdorf together with a large group of independent developers,
> and the central parts of PHP underly a different license and copyright
> regime from MySQL.

    On a side note, did anyone ever say "thank you" to Rasmus, Zeev,
or Andi?  I jumped on with PHP after finding it by accident back in
1997, and have never regretted it for a moment.  It's so much less
stressful - and allows me to retain more hair - than Perl.  You guys
saved my ass a bunch of times without even knowing me!

    We now return you to your regularly-scheduled debate thread.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272

If at first you don't succeed, stick to what you know best so that you
can make enough money to pay someone else to do it for you.