currently the users seem to live quite good with the licenses granted by
the PHP License 3.01.

"Quite good" can be always made better. For example, you may claim PDO is perfect and doesn't need any help from DB vendors, and some may claim it misses some useful features and help from the people that actually make the databases would be great.

But: Before discussing some random CLAs and such stuff it would be imo
good if this group, disucussing PDO, could share their plans - then we
could discuss on facts not assumptions, rumors, ...

It would be indeed. Let's hope it will happen soon. In the meantime, I'm trying to help what I can :)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]