Hi,

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:02:17 -0300, in php.internals
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Cristian Rodriguez") wrote:

>> If distros start to use the
>> system timezone
>
>Distros use system timezonedb for %99 of the other components(some of
>them far more critical than PHP) , why PHP has to be special ?

Because distros only have to concern about themselves. PHP has to
concern about cross-system-compatibility.

Besides the specific exec functions it might be a good idea to make
PHP as OS and distribution independent as possible. It only takes a
few dependencies to wreck a whole "independent" language.

I wouldn't like to see php projects have to create different packages
with individual code for different types of os or distribution.

--
- Peter Brodersen