Hi Chris,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Christopher Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  The code and strength of contributions and maintenance is the ultimate
>  evidence of what can be trusted.  Poor quality drivers, if they are
>  distributed via a PECL-only distribution, will acquire their own bad
>  reputation and remain little used like other dormant PECL extensions.
>  Or if the drivers are part of the core PHP distribution, a poor driver
>  should get pulled if it is not of sufficient quality as determined by
>  the PHP community.

As we all agree that poor drivers are not welcome (and great drivers
are...), the problem here is not about improving PHP database support
(call it PDOv2 or DBDOv3) but to introduce CLA'ed areas in PHP, php
core or PECL. It would be nice to dissociate the two and to begin a
real dialog between all parties (see my list of questions).

About the list having been already gaven, sorry but I can't remember
any list or any post about this topic not coming from existing
contributors. As I said, many times (not enough) Zend is not PHP. Zend
is a (big) contributor but Zend is not PHP. Neither are any of us.
Conferences and management meetings are great place to create personal
contacts and improve one thing or another, they are not the place to
decide such things for the whole community.

Cheers,
--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org