On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Richard Quadling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As a windows user my observations/opinions are ...

    .... taken with a grain of salt.  ;-P

    Isn't discussion about how to add on to SVN and which tools will
be better-suited for development a decade from now counterproductive
to the idea at hand?  SVN and CVS are the industry standard right now,
with SVN being the better-supported and, in many ways, more economical
and prudent approach.  I'd be afraid that requiring existing and
future developers to learn newer technologies would stall several
aspects of the project, introduce many new problems, and hinder the
advancement of the language as a whole.

    There's no reason other things couldn't be introduced at a later
point, but my personal preference would be to approach the migration
one step at a time.  Making small bits of progress over time (while
simultaneously being able to focus on PHP) seems to be more sensible
than trying to radically change everything at once, negating a proven
system in favor of "what might work better."

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Better prices on dedicated servers: