On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As was evident from the discussions in the past weeks, a lot of people
> commented, most of which did not spend the necessary time to actually
> understand the issues at hand. Given that it did indeed make it impossible
> to bring this topic to a conclusion on the list.
>
> As for transparency, I see no issues. The decision process was entirely
> transparent, albeit the final decision meeting was not open to all. Again
> everybody that cares had weeks/months (actually years) to bring up his POV.
> In the end there were 10 people (including both RMs) that made a final
> decision and that are prepared to take the blame.

To make my point more clear: I respect the decision even if I'm not
completely happy about it (that's what we call a compromise). But my
comment to Greg and Steph was about the danger of abusing of private
discussions not about having held this meeting on IRC.

--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org