On 26.10.2008, at 22:19, Pierre Joye wrote:

To make my point more clear: I respect the decision even if I'm not
completely happy about it (that's what we call a compromise). But my
comment to Greg and Steph was about the danger of abusing of private
discussions not about having held this meeting on IRC.

ok point taken.
we should indeed not get in a habit of this kind of decision making.
while none of us can prevent offlist discussions, we should also all of course try to keep things onlist as much as possible. but its still fine to talk things over to get things a bit more coherent before posting to internals (in the spirit of signal to noise ratio).

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]