Hi,

It seems aside from some smaller commits, the last minute closure change has gone through without issues.
Our todo list however doesnt have that many checked off items:
http://wiki.php.net/todo/php53#next_release_beta2rc1

To me the biggest issue is the UPGRADING README. So please approach Steph if you want to help.

The following items remain open:
- write UPGRADING README file (Steph)
- add more tests for fileinfo (Felix/Derick)
- make all extensions use php implementation of getenv (Pierre)
- reorganize the bundled php.ini files to production/development recommendations (Eric/Nathan)
- re-enable phar for big endian systems (Scott)

The following remain open and it does not seem someone is actively working in it: - Fix static build of extension when static is the default and –enable- snapshot-build is used
- Improve the build script to ease the parsing of the output and QA
- ob_flush() should fail to flush unerasable buffers
- tokenizer misses last single-line comment
- ob_start(): inconsistent behaviour with undefined callbacks
- pcntl_signal needs declare(ticks) which is deprecated since 5.3
- opendir() fails on Windows directories with parent directory unaccessible
- Bus error during build of phar.php
- PDO: persistent connection leak
- memory leak in the re2c
- fix memleak in zend_object_handlers.c
- PHP_5_3 missed merge from PHP_5_2 for write_func callback

Other issues recently raised on the list
- reflection/arginfo overlap issue
- Throwing E_DEPRECATED on startup
- casting doubles to ints

http://pooteeweet.org/blog/1439

Again, I will be offline 99% of the time starting this Saturday until March 5th. I hope that while I am gone we will have another release that covers the above mentioned issues and ideally that would be RC1 (unless bigger issues are uncovered that require larger changes). Until then please let me know if you are taking over any of the above items so that I can update the wiki. Speaking of wiki, Pierre also has admin rights on the wiki and of course root access to the box.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org