what version of PHP-FPM code is this based off of? the latest 0.6.x at
launchpad or one of the older patches?

we have had reports of some issues with php 5.3.x and php-fpm 0.6.x.
Andrei had changed the code from being a patch to being a standalone
daemon that builds against vanilla php sources for the "new" 0.6.x
generation. Just want to know when in the timeline you pulled the code
from so we can ask people to test the bugs they reported against it to
see if it's still a bug.