On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 09:21 -0500, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
> > It was not, and we did not forget it because of the automatic TODOs in
> > the wiki (it shows all commits in a list with their states,
> > http://wiki.php.net/todo/php531/log) :-).
>
> BS, I reminded Johannes about that patch right before the final RC, because
> it was still not merged.

Which only the value in the sample php.ini files was, the fix itself
was. And no I don't claim it was perfect and I opened this discussion
for the purpose to decide on this. I *think* if we all want the release
branch is the better process to create a stable release with less risk.
But I can live with either approaches.

johannes