On Jun 28, 2011, at 9:57 AM, Stas Malyshev wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On 6/28/11 9:55 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Stas Malyshev wrote:
>>
>> I'm actually surprised it isn't in there. I did write that document
>> some eons ago. But anyway, let's add it then :)
>
> OK, as soon as we are all agreed on Thursday and it's there I'll shift the
> schedule for next releases so it'll actually be on Thursday, though I'm not
> sure why would it actually matter :)

The day an alpha/beta is released doesn't feel important, unlike stable
releases, but I suppose consistency has its good points. :) I think the main
point is to wait for bugs.php.net, which is making real progress and should be
available Thursday.

Also, it's important to clarify that the [soon-to-be-popular] built-in web
server is not part of this alpha because the alpha was tagged a few days before
its addition. I think repackaging would be worth it for this case, but waiting
for alpha2 is feasible.

Regards,
Philip