On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM, David Soria Parra <d...@php.net> wrote:
> On 2011-06-28, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> On 6/28/11 10:43 AM, Pierre Joye wrote:
>>> I do think we should repackage. There are many issues fixed since last
>>> week and it makes no sense to release something not representing what
>>> the current 5.4 branch is.
>>
>> Really, guys, if we ever want to have scheduled and orderly releases,
>> changing release schedule in the last minute repeatedly and repackaging
>> in the last second is exactly NOT the way to do it.
>>

> I agree with Stas. Repackaging in the last second might cause troubles
> and include obvious bugs. I prefer having a some time between packaging
> and releasing, if it's an alpha or not it doesn't matter. So in this
> case, to really try to finally stay on schedule , so we should release the
> already pacakged version and have an alpha2 in two weeks.
>
> --

wasn't the alpha1 packaged in the last second?
it was packaged on Jun 19, and it was planned to be released on Jun 20.
and it did include obvious bugs.
so if we already screwed up, we could at least fix what we can instead
of releasing a version, which we all know is broken.
this can make a bad impression in the early adopters.
but I won't whine much about this, just told my 2 cents.

Tyrael