Hi!

On 9/2/11 6:51 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Forget the failed tests. A new PHP release is about improving the
ecosystem. If the folks that maintain libmysql and mysqlnd suggest that
mysqlnd is more robust and it is the path forward, why would we resist
this? Do we not trust Oracle/MySQL enough to listen to their input?

Because of the little thing called BC? Right now I have at least two tests suggesting mysqlnd has different semantics than libmysql, and not in some obscure corners either but in functions most people use every day in every piece of code. This is worrying.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/