Hi Folks:

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 06:08:59PM -0700, Stas Malyshev wrote:
> we'd do better skipping out problematic tests (which
> I also think is wrong, especially if these tests discover API
> incompatibility which shouldn't even exist between mysqlnd and
> libmysql) than just ignore the failures.

I don't know why there are differences in the output between mysqlnd and
libmysql.  It would be nice if there weren't.  But if that can't be,
two options come to mind for testing each feature:

a) have the feature tested against the lowest common denominator (by
either using expressions in an EXPECTF section or only producing output
that is consistent).

b) have two tests for the feature (one for mysqlnd and another for
libmysql, with SKIP's being emitted when running on the opposite
platform).

But what do I know...

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/