Hi!

On 9/2/11 6:02 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Well, we are not trying to get to 0 failed tests in all permutations of
all extensions on all platforms. We are trying to get to 0 failed tests
on a common-case build using defaults and common extensions. Given that,
changing a default has an impact on the 0-failed-tests goal.

Nobody talks about "all permutations of all platforms", let's not be absurd here. However, there's a distance between "all permutations of all platforms" and "we'll be ignoring failures on libmysql". libmysql *is* the common case build and the one most people would be running in production, at least as far as I see around. So are you saying we'll be ignoring failures on libmysql? If we're not, changing the default doesn't have any impact on the 0-failed-tests goal. If you're saying we will, I think it would be a huge mistake - we'd do better skipping out problematic tests (which I also think is wrong, especially if these tests discover API incompatibility which shouldn't even exist between mysqlnd and libmysql) than just ignore the failures. We all see where ignoring failed tests got us. Let's not set ourselves for this again from the start.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/