Am 15.06.2012 03:01, schrieb Anthony Ferrara:
I raised this topic on list over a year ago (
http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=130417646507744&w=2 ). It was
determined that it wasn't time yet to disable prepared statement
emulation for MySQL yet.

Does this need to be an RFC (should I draft one)? Or can it just be
pulled as-is?

It needs an RFC because it needs to document whether or not the other
DB drivers should also be changed.