On 21 November 2012 13:45, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
>> Proposal: I propose we revert this change. Future consideration might
>
> I see no reason to revert the change and keep dragging around the GUIDs.
> Data URLs are much better and cleaner solution, and only reasons not to
> do it are purely bureaucratic, for which I don't care much. We could
> keep the functions, but what these functions would do?

The issue I have with this is just that we don't seem to be making
much of an effort to stick to the promises we've made around BC when
it doesn't suit us to. I agree: in practice, I can't imagine anyone
caring a jot about these functions being removed, but we've said that
when we're going to remove something, we'll deprecate for a minor
release, then remove. Why don't we live up to it?

Adam