Hi!

> It's the inconsistency that bothers me. I think a rule like "Never remove
> a ~function without it first emitting E_DEPRECATED" can be followed 100%
> of the time, and don't see this as a bureaucratic rule but instead think
> this consistency would make PHP better.

I guess that's where we disagree. I think in this particular case the
change does make PHP better, and I do not value consistency for its sake
and having 100% for its sake. If there were any practical reason why the
change is wrong, that'd be different matter of course.

P.S. I of course did not mean you or anybody else when talking about
stupidly following rules, I just described a situation we want to avoid.
Sorry if I sounded offensive, it was not my intent.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/