Paul Dragoonis wrote:
    It's not the only difference that FIG are pushing which is opposite to the
    style standards on the core code, so perhaps we should be lobbying them to
    come in line with the documented standards?

We done a survey on all the major projects and what their standards were and
went with the majority of what already existed. It doesn't matter what we at FIG
as long as it was consistent.

But adopting standards that are NOT consistent with the well documented standards of the core code just seems wrong? It is CREATING more problems since it's perpetuating a 'mistake' which should have been fix instead. My own example on that is libraries that were perfectly tidy 'tabbed' code have now be rewritten with spaces, to bring them in line with 'the standard', but also making them incompatible with the what has always been the documented standard ... using tabs! My own code base was perfectly clean tabbed code, and anything I commit will follow that standard, but new versions of libraries are now appearing with spaces :( At least ADOdb is still tabbed code :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL