On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:17:21 +0100, Alan Knowles <a...@roojs.com> wrote:

my apologies for deleting the = vote, but i could not work out how to revert it.

No problem, the result is still available at https://wiki.php.net/rfc/incompat_ctx?rev=1359379541

I don't know want to know what you were trying to do, though...

But this is a core php feature, for anyone who does not use traits.... We use this quite a bit, it may not be for purists, but it has worked perfectly for years. This is getting a bit silly, change for change sake....

I'm not discussing this again on the merits, but note that by the time this feature is removed, no PHP version without traits will be maintained anymore.

--
Gustavo Lopes