On 1/29/13 3:47 AM, Martin Keckeis wrote:
 From the perspective of the end-user this would be really great!
If it could really be done in 2 months -> wait for it.

best regards.

Considering the importance of opcode caches to any serious project these days, I'd say a 2 month delay to get an integrated opcode cache working on release day is absolutely worth it. I cannot speak to the relative merits of APC vs. O+, or how reasonable that timeframe is, but if it is an accurate estimate then from a userland perspective it would be a good investment. (The "optimize for APC" vs. "optimize for shared host with no APC" debate comes up in Drupal on a regular basis; being able to count on one would allow us to optimize our own code far better.)

I entirely appreciate Anthony's concern about rule bending, but I think this is a "feature request" at a level that such bending can be considered.

--Larry Garfield