On 01/29/2013 12:30 AM, Zeev Suraski wrote:

By the way, I just realized the % gain wasn't all that self-explanatory -
it's vs. APC, not vs. plain PHP.  I improved the doc to reflect both gains
vs. plain PHP and vs. APC.

Thanks for the feedback!

Zeev

Zeev,

It would be useful to link to the current Optimizer+ doc from the RFC.
I believe the link is
http://static.zend.com/topics/Zend-Optimizer-User-Guide-v330-new.pdf

Can you comment (in the RFC) on differences that the open source code
may have from this documentation e.g. on what Zend Guard integration
will be included, or what obsolete features you might clean out?

I think an RFC should clearly state what the feature does and doesn't
work with. I.e. for this RFC list whether CLI, FastCGI, ZTS etc work.

Can you list potential platform or extension (XDebug) portability
issues?

The RFC still mentions Pierre helping with ZTS, which I believe is a
left-over comment??

Since the releae time-frame is an issue that may affect voting, the
RFC should also contain more details on what needs integrating.

Chris

--
christopher.jo...@oracle.com  http://twitter.com/ghrd
Newly updated, free PHP & Oracle book: