On 07/07/14 12:31, Pierre Joye wrote:
> I seriously hope that you take 2015 as pure example here. As I see no
> remote chance to be ready next year. PHPNG is a huge stack of
> undocumented perf patches far from being ready, APIs &code cleanup did
> not even begin, and the existing APIs are even more ugly. This is not
> going to be a small task, besides other things that we may like to
> have in the next major version. A 2 years development period sounds
> much more realistic to me.

If that is a realistic roadmap, then what also needs to be added is just
what happens with the PHP5 in the meantime. From my own view, some
elements of 'PHP6' are still overdue, but if it will be yet another
couple of years then should we be looking at an interim solution for
'bigint' and unicode? While reworking the entire code base to give a
performance improvement is a perfectly sensible long term plan it
sidesteps the 'problems' that PHPNext should ideally address. There are
perhaps two conflicting paths here?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL