On Oct 4, 2014 4:01 AM, "Andrea Faulds" <a...@ajf.me> wrote:

> On 3 Oct 2014, at 17:21, Thomas Gossmann <m...@gossimaniac.net> wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if it is possible to deprecate/remove the function
keyword from class methods in php7 or at least make it optional when one of
the visibility keywords is present?

> > I feel like writing a completely unnecessary keyword each time I write
a new method for a class.

> > I guess this was a discussion earlier, though I wasn't able to find
anything about it. Would love to hear, what pdt-internals (re-)think about
that topic.

> Me and Pierre have discussed this before, Pierre was in favour of it last
time we talked about it. I’d certainly be in favour of allowing `function`
to be omitted when there’s a visibility specifier, like so:

>  public foo() {}
>  public static foo() {}
>
> Easy to implement, too. What are the list’s thoughts? I don’t think it
really hampers readability much.

Same here. Also while not being against that, I am not a fan or removing
things that make hard to have code for 5.x and 7.x. That will make
migrations harder for little to no gain.

Did we not have a rfc about that already?