On 10/3/14 4:57 PM, Andrea Faulds wrote:
> Easy to implement, too. What are the list’s thoughts? I don’t think it really
> hampers readability much.

I disagree.  This is a case where verbosity is a good thing.  Removing
the word 'function' is akin (pardon the analogy) to arguing the $x is
just as good of a variable name as $database.

The latter is descriptive and explains exactly what is going on.  While
the shortened version, only saves a few keystrokes, which an IDE solves
for you anyway.  And makes it much more clear (when grepping, for
tooling, when scanning) exactly what/where/how the functions are declared.

Eli

--
|   Eli White   |   http://eliw.com/   |   Twitter: EliW   |