Hi Peter,

> I like the idea (reducing the repeated namespace parts), but am not too
keen on the syntax.
> If I may offer a hastily thought out, and probably terrible, idea... how
about something like "from prefix use ..." ? [...]
> That's my two cents.

Some people suggested the *"from* ... *use *..." syntax similar to Python,
but this proposal would require the "from" keyword to be reserved. Also,
during research phase most people preferred the block syntax similar to the
trait conflict resolution syntax.

So, in resume the current proposal seems the most appropriate for PHP
because:

1. It looks a lot like the already implemented traits conflict resolution
2. It doesn't require to reserve new keywords
3. It's a very readable choice
4. During research phase it became clear that most people preferred it over
the alternatives (including your suggestion)

> Best of luck!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Márcio Almada