On 19 February 2015 at 16:25, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:

> we are tying to
> do it with minimal breaks for our users. If we may keep compatibility, we
> would prefer to keep it,

Yeah - you still haven't said why choosing to extend exception rather
than using an interface has fewer BC problems.

> We thought about "Throwable" or "Catchable" interface, but this change would
> require more changes and will make more BC breaks.
> Exception declares protected properties that may be used in child classes
> directly.

Any class that extends Exception currently will still behave as it
does before. The only change to the Exception class would be add the
interface to it's declaration. I can't see how this causes a BC break.

Please can you say what the BC break is if you think there is one.

cheers
Dan