On 25/11/15 11:04, Pedro Cordeiro wrote:
> I feel like this is a major feature that's missing, and people are using it
> in a suboptimal way (docblocks), so I thought I'd reopen the discussion and
> see if someone more familiar with the internals feels like implementing it

In previous discussions it was pointed out that a substantial amount of
legacy code already uses docblock style annotation, and that is well
supported by IDE's and other tools, so there is no reason not it
continue to support that substantial base. Any new system would require
every third party tool to be adapted to use it was there any reason to
load the code base with something which will only have a limited uptake.
Adding an extension to provide an alternative would be the correct way
forward, and then if that gains traction, look to it's status then.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL