guilhermebla...@gmail.com wrote on 25/11/2015 17:58:
I can give you a good argument.

opcache.save_comments=0

Make it work.

Simple: remove that configuration variable, and always save doc blocks. As mentioned, my view would be that these should no longer be considered "comments", but "metadata", and that documentation and core features would be altered to reflect this.

Did you think that was a killer argument, or just another thought to bring to the discussion? Because I absolutely welcome people adding to the list of pros and cons *on either side*, but I object to any attempt to shut down the discussion just because people have already made their mind up based on some gut feeling.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]