Larry Garfield wrote on 25/11/2015 17:39:
On 11/25/15 11:00 AM, Rowan Collins wrote:
I don't feel that strongly in favour of docblocks, but I don't think the reasons given against are particularly strong.

Regards,

If you don't feel strongly in favor of them, why are you trying to make a case for them so strongly? Just for kicks? We don't need a "devil's advocate" at this point in the discussion...

Hi Larry,

I don't *feel* strongly in favour or against them, but can see advantages and disadvantages on both sides. Feeling strongly is not the same as having a strong argument for your point of view, so just because some people have expressed strong opinions against, I don't see why I shouldn't challenge their reasoning, even if that does mean playing devil's advocate.

Which is better: basing the decision on the gut feeling of a handful of people who happen to be here now, or basing it on sound reasoning after thinking through the implications?

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]