On 14.06.2016 at 21:12, Fleshgrinder wrote:

> On 6/14/2016 8:56 PM, Christoph Becker wrote:
>
>> Yes, I'm aware of that, and that change isn't an issue for me (except
>> maybe that it might happen in a minor version).  I was responding to
>> Richard (Fleshgrinder) who suggested to remove rand() and mt_rand()
>> alltogether, because there is random_int().
>
> Call me ignorant but is this required in typical web applications?
> Couldn't we move this functionality to PECL? I mean, it is required in
> games but other than that.

I don't know, but I can image that it is (test suites come to mind).  Of
course, it might be an option to move the functionality to PECL, but on
the other hand, what would we gain?  For users, however, that might be a
major pain; consider software which runs on shared hosting.

--
Christoph M. Becker