On 21/06/16 19:32, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
>> I don't understand the drive to holding on to obviously faulty stuff.

> What is for you "obviously faulty stuff" for literally thousands of
> people is "code that works". I appreciate that there's a number of new
> hip randomness tests that mt_rand may not satisfy, and there's new and
> exciting number generator that we absolutely must implement because it's
> new and exciting, but most users of mt_rand wouldn't really care, and
> breaking their code for no reason that we have new and exciting RNG is
> not what they would appreciate.

Can someone explain why I should need 'crypto safe' random numbers when
ALL *I* use rand for is to give a random order to content items on the
page. Something more in sync with the shuffle and array_rand without the
need to recode to actually use the array functions, or simply select an
entry at random from a list.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL