On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 16:11, Thomas Hruska <thru...@cubiclesoft.com> wrote:

> For a newbie, I'd say a "Get Started" button that goes to a vetted group
> of starter tutorials (maybe videos?) on a variety of subjects could be
> valuable.

I know some people love them, but I absolutely hate video introductions. I
like to skim read content for the bits that are of use to me, and glance
back and forth to get the idea; videos don't let me do that. If a project
says "watch our 10- minute video to understand what we're all about", I
close the browser tab and go somewhere else. So if anyone goes down this
route, please make videos *supplement* a user-friendly text introduction,
not *replace* it.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins