I have two suggestions, assuming you proceed roughly as outlined in your original post.

1. Start with /community

A new community website [4], it can be a place for people to ask questions and discuss php in general - no one uses IRC anymore.

and use it to build and coordinate the dev team for this new php.net website. If you do a good job and the conversations and culture develop nicely then the scope of topics can expand as you already planned. It could be a success, providing something I think PHP needs, even if you don't reach all the other goals in your project.

2. Don't use a frontend framework. There's so little stability in this area that you should plan to own long-term maintenance of whatever you use, so it's better to start with your own, picking the ideas you like from the work of others.