Third try to send this message, I suppose the attachments don't get
through. I'll send them separately.



On Mar 26, 2005 at 04:02:06PM +0000, Felix Breuer wrote:
> > I'm currently trying to port the existing xft-patch for ion2 to ion3.
> > Rather a desperate try, as I have no experience with either C, X11, Xft,
> > Lua or Ion programming, but I've tried ;) 
> Great! I've also tried once, but given up pretty quickly. When your
> attempt stabilizes somewhat, please make a release! I'll be your first
> user :)

I do have a working version already. I'm attaching a patch for the current
ion3, after applying a new subdir called xftde/ should appear. After the
compilation (which will hopefully run cleanly, it requires libxft-dev)
there should be additional files called xftde.(lc|so), which should be
copied to the appropriate places somewhere under /usr/lib/ion3/.

The next step is using a separate DE configuration. I'm attaching my
current one, which is not quite ready yet, but it's usable. Please beware
of padding color bugs - you have to define padding_color explicitely,
background_color is not taken automatically somehow. But that's about the
only glitch I've found ;) The documentation on styles seemed to me a bit
dated...

What I would like to achieve is to be able to compile the DE separately
from the ion3 package (Debian's ion3-dev is not quite up to the challenge
;)), install it as a replacement for the default one (choose one or
another without changing the configuration) and implement a couple of
small features for the engine, which can get back-ported to the main one
(I'd like to have (left|right|top|bottom)-padding options for the tabs'
text).

Whatever, enjoy :)

-- 
Nikolai Prokoschenko 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to