On 2005-03-28, Nikolai Prokoschenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Third try to send this message, I suppose the attachments don't get
> through. I'll send them separately.

The list had a 40kB limit on attachment size. I increased it to 200kB.

> I do have a working version already. I'm attaching a patch for the current
> ion3

Note that there are some changes in the ion-3 darcs repo that
affect this patch..

> What I would like to achieve is to be able to compile the DE separately
> from the ion3 package (Debian's ion3-dev is not quite up to the challenge
> ;)), 

Please see
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.ion.general/4703>
for some pointers on how the module should properly be written. The
changes discussed there should have been implemented ages ago. The 
libtool part is outdated; libtool was dumped exactly because it doesn't
allow modules to depend on each other easily.

> install it as a replacement for the default one (choose one or
> another without changing the configuration) 

Please, no, or else I'll soon be hunting for problems users are having
caused by xftde without knowing it is in use.

-- 
Tuomo

Reply via email to