Hello, everyone!

I'm currently trying to port the existing xft-patch for ion2 to ion3.
Rather a desperate try, as I have no experience with either C, X11, Xft,
Lua or Ion programming, but I've tried ;) 

So far I've managed to adapt the patch to the current ion codebase (I've
used the current Debian package as a base) and make it compile. It does
even work after some experimenting. But I do have a problem which I do not
know how to handle:

I had to rename the exported functions like de_defstyle_rootwin because
otherwise lua complains:

Scanning init.c for exports.
lua50: ../libextl/libextl-mkexports:262: "de_defstyle_rootwin" is not a
valid function name of format modulename_fnname.

However, after these have been renamed, I'm unable to use the default
configuration files, I have to rename de.defstyle* to xftde.defstyle as
well. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you very much.

PS: Tuomo, you are writing in the FAQ:

---
2.10  Does Ion support anti-aliased fonts/Xft?

No. Anti-aliasing is extremely ugly and the default drawing engine will
not support such a thing. If you want your fonts dragged through mud, you
will have to write an additional drawing engine.
---

Xft is generally a good thing, anti-aliasing is its additional feature,
which can actually get disabled. So I really hope the xftde gets official
support ;)

-- 
Nikolai Prokoschenko 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to