Hello,

At work I have my laptop in a docking station and use it in Xinerama
mode with an additional TFT (same resolution).

At home/on the way I only have the right Xinerama screen.

This does work quite well except for a few things I would want to
improve:

        1) When leaving the office, I'd like to have a function to
        move all frames from the left screen to the right.  Currently
        I move windows manually.

        2) Some applications just do not stay on the right screen when
        I start them at home (Gimp, skype, ...).  I have to restart X
        to go back to non-Xinerama mode.

        3) When starting X11 outside the docking station, only one
        screen is initialized - that is not ion related; I know.

After this prolog, now my problem:

Since the development snapshot 20050625, whenever I restart X11 and
ion3 from normal mode to Xinerama mode - meaning in the docking
station - ion3 hangs.  Killing ion3 and starting a new one works fine.
The problem is that the display is locked, I cannot get a key through,
not even to switch to another virtual terminal.  I have to work up to
a colleague and ask for an xterm.  I assume ion3 hangs somewhere
reading in the window configuration / session data.

Any suggestions how to debug this?

Ulrich Pfeifer

Reply via email to