On 2005-08-11, Ulrich Pfeifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here is the backtrace
>  ,-----
> | #0  0xb7e2c9f8 in select () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
> | #1  0xb7f25ea2 in _XPollfdCacheDel () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> | #2  0xb7f26e11 in _XRead () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> | #3  0xb7f27973 in _XReply () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> | #4  0xb7f22db4 in XSync () from /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
> | #5  0x08058acf in clientwin_get_transient_for ()

> What does it translate to? 

This is the probable X/Xlib problem I mentioned. Ion (Xlib) is waiting for a
response from the X server but is not getting it or something. Should not be
an _Ion_ bug in any case unless there's memory corruption (which I consider
unlikely, and the last I checked at least valgrind didn't complain of
anything in Ion itself, which makes finding a problem if there's one very
difficult). Ion is not eating lots of CPU power, right, just setting there
idle?

-- 
Tuomo

Reply via email to