On 2005-08-10, Ulrich Pfeifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This does work quite well except for a few things I would want to
> improve:
>
>         1) When leaving the office, I'd like to have a function to
>         move all frames from the left screen to the right.  Currently
>         I move windows manually.

for _, r in screen2.managed_list() do
    screen1:attach(r)
end

(Use ioncore.find_screen_id or whatever to find the screens objects)

> Since the development snapshot 20050625, whenever I restart X11 and
> ion3 from normal mode to Xinerama mode - meaning in the docking
> station - ion3 hangs.  Killing ion3 and starting a new one works fine.
> The problem is that the display is locked, I cannot get a key through,
> not even to switch to another virtual terminal.  

Doesn't seem like an Ion problem if VC switching doesn't work.

> I have to work up to
> a colleague and ask for an xterm.  I assume ion3 hangs somewhere
> reading in the window configuration / session data.
>
> Any suggestions how to debug this?

Try attaching gdb (--pid=`pidof ion3`) to the running process from
this xterm and do a backtrace to check where Ion is and if it really
is hung. It could be waiting for events from X... I think such an 
X or Xlib bug was diagnosed on the IRC channel some time ago.

-- 
Tuomo

Reply via email to