Hello all,

I'm using ion-3ds-20060317 with X11.app on Mac OS X 10.4 and having
problems using OpenGL direct rendering in GLX windows. The problem
doesn't happen with other window managers, so while it looks like a bug
in the window server, I was wondering if ion3 is doing something different
that might give some clue as to what the problem is.

If I run glxgears, then a new window comes up but remains blank,
and I get the message 'failed to bind to surface', but the program
continues to run:

-------------------
140400 frames in 5.0 seconds = 28080.000 FPS
166124 frames in 5.0 seconds = 33224.801 FPS
171813 frames in 5.0 seconds = 34362.602 FPS
etc..
-------------------

(apparently without using any CPU according to top)

xdpyinfo reports that extensions GLX, SGI-GLX and Apple-DRI are
available. glxinfo reports

-------------------
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating,
        GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_make_current_read
        client glx vendor string: SGI
        client glx version string: 1.4
etc..
-------------------

If I set the environment variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1,
then everything works. 

If I use a different window manager (quartz-wm, twm), then 
everything works fine.

Funnily enough, if I try to use OpenGL facilities from Matlab
(clearly, I don't actually care about glxgears), it *does* work, but it
crashes the X server occasionally and I was wondering if this 
might be a symptom of the same problem.

I've reported this on [EMAIL PROTECTED] too

Hope someone can spot a pattern in all this!

Samer



Reply via email to