Rui Tiago Cação Matos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I used ion3 for about a year and changed to gnome. I do really enjoy it
> for my usage pattern, though I do find ion3 a valuable and well designed
> piece of software, very useful to certain kinds of people. Yet, somehow,
> I still enjoy reading this list and your blog for rants like this[1].

Well, the problem in Gnome is not just what the user sees. Take an
example. I have a manually mapped keyboard (dvorak-fr, tweaked by me,
loaded with xmodmap). Run ion, enjoy. Launch dozens of applications,
continue to enjoy. Launch the Gnome control pannel. BOOM. In the best
case, it'll come back to the system default keyboard config, in the
worst case, no keyboard AT ALL. What happened? Well, this launched
gnome-settings-daemon, and that's supposed to explain everything.

And I'm saying that as a simple user, so I guess a programmer of a
window-manager must see tons of this all the time ...

-- 
Matthieu

Reply via email to