On 2006-10-22, Bruce Stephens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> How could Ion have anything to do with something like that? It's your
>> startup files.
>
> Well, Ion seems to be different in some respects.  xwininfo often
> doesn't give me the information associated with the window I point at,

That's just the idiocy and assumptions of those programs. They assume
something about the window management model, that is not required by the
ICCCM. Such should have nothing to do with GLX and such, however. The X
server does not know shit about window manager frames. Multiple clients
in a frame should be the same to it as multiple widgets in a window
(aside from having been created by different connections, which most of
the server shouldn't care about). I'm 100% this has nothing to do with
Ion. And even if it does, it's the program's fault. I'd not be suprised
if programs were assuming the breakage gnome causes these days.

-- 
Tuomo

Reply via email to